About the Role
Are you passionate about fundamental software engineering principles and want to build the next generation platform? If so, our engineering team is looking for a platform leader who is obsessed with driving a platform engineering team/s that focuses on industry leading practices and tools to provide autonomous and efficient PaaS offering at scale along with re-engineering of the existing products.
Lentra's platform is helping major banks and financial institutions transform their entire lending landscape towards autonomous and presence less lending. We strongly believe in the fundamentals and core principles of software engineering to build a world class, robust and highly scalable PaaS offering, delighting our customers and transforming the way lenders lend.
Lentra's engineering team is looking for a leader who is hands on, wants to be hands on and can drive high performance work teams.This is a role with opportunity for deep technical impact, product innovation and culture role model with opportunity for advancement. The role involves application of computer science fundamentals, problem solving and growth mindset to create simple solutions to complex engineering problems. You will be an inspiring and collaborative technical leader to design frameworks that would cater to long term needs of the platform. You will play a key role to mentor junior members of the team.
Skills and Qualifications
- You love this team’s mission.
- You are an active hands-on polyglot developer and love coding fundamentals.
- Experience in working with distributed teams.
- You love to work in the transformational cloud infrastructure and technologies.
- Plenty of experience in building / architecting highly complex software services at scale, low latency and high throughput.
- Passionate about code quality, enterprise design patterns, concurrent programming (race conditions, etc) and security.
- Building and consuming REST APIs
- Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- SQL and NoSQL databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- Linux OS (Shell scripting, Unix commands, etc)
- Maven, Gradle, NPM, etc.
- Docker & Swarm
- Edge Computing (Cloudflare, Cloudfront, etc.)
- Kubernetes & it’s vast ecosystem.
- Vertical and horizontal scaling of services.
- Enterprise Service Bus & API Managers (Google Apigee, etc).
- Performance/Latency tuning of highly distributed services.
- Static Code Analysis Tools: Sonarqube or Checkmarx
- Distributed Tracing & Monitoring Tools: Zipkin, Sleuth, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Distributed Cache: Redis, etc.
- Version Control System: Git
- Hyperconverged & Virtualization Environments.
- Proxies: HAProxy, Envoy, Nginx, Squid, etc.
- Documentation Tools/Libraries: Doxygen, Swagger, etc.
- Advanced debugging & tuning of a VM (HEAP, GC, Threads, etc).
- Debug & tune query performance and explain plans.
- Functional Reactive Programming: Spring Mono and Flux, etc.
- Understanding of how a data center works: Switches, routers, firewalls, VLANs, proxies, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in cloud and related technologies (e.g. Private IDC, AWS/Azure/GCP, K8S, etc.)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in architecture, performance, scale and backend.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in computer science or a related discipline.